Welcome to UHI’s Turnitin site
On this page: Turnitin Help for staff; HE Licence; Features; Turnitin scheduled maintenance times and Turnitin system status.
On this site:
- UHI Originality Checking Policy – what you are legally obliged to do before using Turnitin.
- FAQs – FAQs for students and staff.
- Training – manuals, videos, archived Turnitin live sessions, the Turnitin blog and newsletter, how to sign up for free live training sessions
- Use of Turnitin at UHI.
If you'd like more information or an Instructor id please contact UHI's Help Desk (email@example.com).
Turnitin HE licence
OriginalityCheck compares text based assignments for matches or similar text and provides a score. Note: it is not plagiarism detection software as it can't make decisions. Staff need to review and evaluate the score and/or feedback to ensure that the appropriate decision about performance and plagiarism is made
GradeMark lets staff digitally mark and review student submissions. Staff can add personalised feedback and attach comments to highlighted areas. GradeMark also has a library of standard comments that can be dragged and dropped onto the relevant place on the page. Staff can add items to the comments library.
PeerMark lets staff assign student submissions to peers for review based on a series of free response and scale questions they create. Peer reviews can be anonymous or attributed.
Note: Please make sure you have complied with the conditions listed on the Turnitin legal requirements page before using Turnitin.
Turnitin scheduled maintenance times
All Turnitin services and related websites (Turnitin, OriginalityCheck, GradeMark, PeerMark, Turnitin for Admissions, WriteCheck, and iThenticate) may be unavailable for use during scheduled maintenance times. Times for these scheduled maintenance windows are the first and third Saturdays of each month, 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM Pacific Time: 15:00 - 19:00 UK Daylight Saving Time.
How do I get an Instructor Account?
Please note: before viewing a Turnitin assignment in Brightspace set up by another instructor or setting up a Turnitin assignment in Brightspace you must log a call with the Help Desk to apply for a Turnitin ID. Turnitin may only be used for HE units and modules.
To get an Instructor account please log a call with the Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are having problems with Turnitin please check their system status - see below.
- If the system is running check Turnitin's Known issues page.
- If it is not a know issue, see Turnitin's Support page. This site provides information on common problems.
- If you cannot find an answer to your problem please contact the UHI Service Desk E-mail: UHI Service Desk Tel. 150 (internal) / 01463 279 150 (external).