This document provides guidance on the basic standards of an effective blend that:
- enhances the student experience and
- promotes UHI’s graduate attributes (active, responsive and adaptive, reflective, confident and rigorous).
The focus is on student-centred learning and the roles of both the student and the lecturer/tutor. The document includes detailed guidance and covers the following pedagogical principles:
- General (delivery mode and content)
- Communicate expectations (induction and in the module)
- Encouraging active learning (creating the blend and activities)
- Communication and collaboration (preparation and during delivery)
- Assessment and feedback (setting appropriate assessment and providing support)
- Keeping students on track (processes)
- Framework (logical design)
- Legal and academic issues (relevant legislation and referencing)
Individual blends will be tailored to specific learning outcomes and student needs as well as subject matter and situation.